As experts in the industry and passionate enthusiasts of the Ford Powerstroke diesel truck, we at Branch Automotive have seen firsthand the exceptional performance and power these vehicles deliver in Littleton, CO, and Highlands Ranch, CO. To help our loyal customers sustain this unparalleled performance, we’ve outlined some essential maintenance tips for your Powerstroke diesel engine:
1. Change Your Oil and Filter at the Correct Interval
Here at Branch Automotive, we can’t stress enough the importance of regular oil and filter changes. While many truck owners might strictly follow the 5,000-mile service rule, the owner’s manual recommends four specific guidelines:
- Change the oil and oil filter every 5,000 miles
- Do the same every three months
- Change after every 200 engine hours
- Or after every 250 gallons of fuel
One vital point we often share with our clients is that one idle hour equates to approximately 25 miles of driving. Adhering to these recommended intervals is crucial to avoid reduced performance, injector damage, component failure, and decreased durability.
2. Why We Recommend Switching to Synthetic Oil for Your Powerstroke Diesel Engine
From our extensive experience in servicing vehicles, we’ve found synthetic motor oil to be superior to conventional oil. We strongly recommend synthetic oil for your Ford Powerstroke diesel engine because:
- It reduces evaporative loss
- Offers top-notch high- and low-temperature viscosity performance, even under extreme conditions
- Demonstrates enhanced shear and chemical stability
- Provides resistance against thermal breakdown, oxidation, and oil sludge formation
- Contains additional detergents and dispersants to ensure a cleaner engine
3. Embrace the Benefits of Powerstroke Diesel Engine Tuning
At Branch Automotive, we pride ourselves on our deep knowledge of engine tuning. Modifying your Powerstroke diesel engine’s ECU programming can significantly optimize its performance. This tuning impacts factors such as ignition timing, air/fuel ratio, and turbo boost pressure. We often remind our clients about the potential legal implications of disabling certain emission control features. However, with our expertise, we ensure that the tuning process is both beneficial and compliant.
Here are just a few advantages of having your Powerstroke diesel engine tuned by our experts:
- Enhanced fuel efficiency
- Notable performance improvement
- Customization options tailored to your needs
- Increased engine longevity
- Reduced maintenance costs
4. Clean Your Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) with our Expert Help
We believe that being proactive is key. Restricted air intake can escalate exhaust gas temperatures, leading to performance concerns. This is why we often recommend an upgrade to a Donaldson/Ford AIS severe-duty intake system conversion kit. Regular cleaning of your EGR valve and O-ring replacements can prevent severe engine damage.
Trust Branch Automotive for Your Powerstroke Diesel Engine Maintenance
The Powerstroke diesel engine is the heart of Ford’s F-250, F-350, and F-450 diesel trucks. Proper maintenance ensures these engines deliver the power and reliability you expect. We’re here to help with every aspect of Ford diesel repair, including regular maintenance.
For expert care in Littleton, CO, and Highlands Ranch, CO, trust Branch Automotive. Contact us today at (303) 771-2224 to schedule an appointment or if a tow truck is heading to our facility at 6030 East County Line Road, Littleton, CO 80126-3919. Let us be your go-to experts for maintaining the life and performance of your Powerstroke diesel engine.